1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Red flags in AMA

Discussion in 'General' started by slowohioboy344, Jun 24, 2007.

1. slowohioboy344

slowohioboy344 Well-Known Member

Am I the only one that believe's that if you cause a red flag you should not be allowed to continue?? Nothing personal about not likeing one rider or another. If a race is stopped because you need help, be it medical or to pick up your motorcycle, I think your race should be over. Am I wrong to think that way??

2. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

You're wrong.

3. slowohioboy344

Thanks for your input, oh yea Trey, trey. TREY

4. kjohnson

kjohnson Axis

He'll start from the back.

5. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

and half way through the field by corner two. :D

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Why shouldn't you be able to restart? You go to the back and gain nothing by causing one so it's not like they do it on purpose.

7. Stuntah191

Stuntah191 Guest

Could they have given any more time to his crew?

:rolleyes:

8. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

One of his most amazing runs ever. Friggin unreal. Mladin = Almost God.

9. slowohioboy344

True, but generally speaking, someone besides you has to help you with your motorcycle During a race. Once a race has started, I don't think anyone should be able to help you with your motorcycle. Everyone else had to stop for you to get help, in my mind you should be done.

10. joe617

joe617 Well-Known Member

YES!

11. stalemate27

stalemate27 Banned

ya that was BS

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You guys need to work corners before you second guess how long a red should be.

13. Putter

Putter Ain't too proud to beg

Werd

14. Don't tell mom

Don't tell mom Well-Known Member

Yea. What he said:D

15. Stuntah191

Stuntah191 Guest

Yeah, okay. How long should a red flag be? Does the AMA run an official clock? I've never seen a club race take that long. I didn't see any fluid clean up. If that were John Haner in turn one, they'd have scooped him off with a snow plow, circulate the riders for one lap, and restart immediately.

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You obviously haven't been to many club races. I've had some take the rest of the day and other that took seconds. There is no clock, it's how long it takes to clean up the main incident and you also clean up everything else. In their case they have to produce a new grid as well which takes time.

17. Don't tell mom

Don't tell mom Well-Known Member

As long as it takes to be safe key word is safe

18. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

One time, it took all night and there was still oil on the track the next day. :|

19. Stuntah191

Stuntah191 Guest

Of course. And in this case... it took JUST enough time to get Mladin's head checked out, and bike buttoned back up. :D

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

More than one sadly.