1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Road Atlanta Hotels?

Discussion in 'General' started by E Reed, Jun 22, 2007.

1. E Reed

E Reed Well-Known Member

For some reason the search function wouldn't work for me. Probably user error...

Trying to find the names of some of the hotel's near there. It's been a few years and I can't remember.

Thanks

2. (diet)DrThunder

(diet)DrThunder Why so serious, son?

Chateau Elan is about $27,000/night, but there's a reasonably priced place right across the street. I forget the name of it, but someone will post up in a minute.

My family stayed there last year and they liked it alot.

3. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Holiday Inn Express

Off RA website...

The Holiday Inn Express at Chateau Elan
    This 80 room limited service hotel is across the street from Chateau Elan Winery and Resort and just 5 miles from Road Atlanta. Located at exit 126 on I-85. For reservations call 770-867-8100

4. E Reed

E Reed Well-Known Member

Thanks.

What's the name of that town the next exit up? Is it Greenville or Greenfield or something like that?

5. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Not sure what you mean...the only town I can think of that starts w/a G around there is Gainesville...where they have the GNF banquet...

6. E Reed

E Reed Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'm an idiot. The last time I stayed at a hotel there was back in '02. Seems like I remember a Publix near by the hotel. I also crashed hard that year so my memory is a little blurry from that weekend. I can't remember if it was the Road Atlanta exit or up the interstate a bit.

Thanks for the help!

7. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

Oakwood

8. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

In Oakwood, there is a Jameson Inn, Country Inn & Suites. Both are right by I-985.

9. SD-OF

SD-OF Member

Gainesville also has a Ramada Limited.
    I do not know anyone who has stayed there, but there is also a Admiral Benbow Inn just down the road at I-985 and 53 in Oakwook.

10. MR-MICROPHONE

MR-MICROPHONE Breakin' the Law!!

That sounds like the Chateau Elan Holiday Inn Express. There is a Publix basically a couple of blocks away, only separated by a gas station and a bank. There's a Papa John's, a Chinese place, a Blimpie, and some dessert place in the same strip as Publix. Some other resaurants just down the road towards the track. Braselton Grille, Jeffrey's Sports Bar, Peach Pit, Japanese restaurant and a couple others I think. Mulberry Place is the place to look for I think. Same side as the hotel.

At exit 129 (Hwy 53) there is the Best Western Braselton Inn. Northbound exit right, then immediate left. Best Western is down on the left on Zion Church Road. About 5 miles to the track. 706-654-3081

Local restaurants include Cracker Barrel, Wendy's, Zaxby's, McDonald's, Domino's Pizza, Hickory Wind BBQ, a chinese place, mexican place and I think that's it.

11. Alexdouble-R

Alexdouble-R Well-Known Member

Thank god I only live 15 miles away from Road A :)

12. MR-MICROPHONE

Thank God I only live 5 miles away from Road Atlanta!! :Poke:

(Ok maybe 8 miles if you count those two roads I have to get back to 53 on) :p

13. E Reed

E Reed Well-Known Member

Are you sure that you didn't leave anything out? :) Thanks for all of the information Jeff. The last few times I have been to the track there I have camped. I will have a female going with me this time so I figured I should spring for a hotel room. I'm not trying to impress her, just put a roof over our head's, so the cheaper the better!

14. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

:stupid:

15. E Reed

E Reed Well-Known Member

Thank God that I don't! Yall can have Atlanta. I will stay in Nashville thank you! :beer:

16. MR-MICROPHONE

:D I don't know. Let me double check! :p You're welcome! :up:
    Just trying to help. I better be careful, people might think I live here or something. LOL Yes, keep the ladies comfortable. That's a must!

17. MR-MICROPHONE

Then why are you asking about all of this hotel info?? :Poke:
    :D

18. E Reed

E Reed Well-Known Member

:) Well the occassional visit is fine with me. But having to live there is a totally different story! :p

19. MR-MICROPHONE

I hear ya! :D It's not that bad up this way yet. I say yet.....it's coming. :eek:

20. Slider82

Slider82 Well-Known Member

Nobody lives in Atlanta, at least not ITP, but unfortunately it is rapidly devouring all of north GA.

It's going to be time to move further away before I know it.