1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Haydens comments after qualification!

Discussion in 'General' started by marsolais, Jun 9, 2007.

1. marsolais

marsolais Banned

Well Hayden qualified 7th today, his best qualification this season I believe. But the thing that killed me is his comments when Randy Mamola asked him about the new exhaust. Hayden stated and I quote "Ya, I have been asking for Honda to get me the new exhaust for a couple weeks now and I finally got them this week. As you can see it has helped a lot."

Now my question is this. Why is Dani getting all the new stuff? I understand he is the "#2":rolleyes: rider and test most of the new equipment, but from what it sounds like is even after the equipment is tested and provin Hayden still has to wait to get it.

I'm not even going to get started on the qualifying tire that lasted from the pit lane to the first corner!

2. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Because Dani has been doing more with the bike. He's higher in the points.

It's not what you did last year, it's what you did last week.

3. marsolais

marsolais Banned

I understand that but if your tested equipment works then why not give it to both riders? I think Hayden will be going to another team next year. And how does Honda expect Hayden to do any better with substandard equipment.

4. hank748

hank748 Well-Known Member

So is Nicky's performance being hurt because he is getting the new equipment when Pedrosa isn't, or is Nicky's performance being hurt because he isn't getting the new stuff and Pedrosa is?

:confused:

5. marsolais

marsolais Banned

Honda is having Pedrosa test everything. When the equipment that has been tested works Hayden still has to wait weeks to even try it while Pedrosa is racing on it!

6. STT-Rider

STT-Rider Well-Known Member

An American champ is not as marketable as a Eruropean one.

Moto GP is for all intents and purposes a European/Asian sport.

Just my opinion.

7. zook1k6

zook1k6 Banned

Politics dummy, politics. It's Spain dummy, it's Spain!

8. 418

418 Expert #59

Yeah well, you also think gasoline is expensive becasue there isn't enough of it. Pfffttt. :rolleyes:

:D

9. Size9

Size9 Well-Known Member

It seems fairly ironic that Nicky got the exhaust just in time for the sponsor's home race. Coincidence?

10. derby369

derby369 Well-Known Member

not unless honda let him out of his 2 year contract.

11. STT-Rider

STT-Rider Well-Known Member

Supply and demand economics is a pretty simple concept. I have a list of suggested reading if you would like to brush up.

Edit: No pictures but there might be a chart or two and some pretty colors.

12. nig

nig Well-Known Member

7th is a little above average but nothing to get excited about. He qualified 6th in Turkey and 7th in France. Maybe he thinks his pace is closer than before, we'll see.

13. 418

418 Expert #59

I too, have a suggested list books you might want to read.

Some titles include;

"Idiots guide: How to take a joke."

"Learn to recognize sarcasm on the internet."

"Anger Managment; Controlling Anger Before it Controls You"

Dang. :rolleyes:

14. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

Conspiracy! But yeah, sort of interesting. I guess they would benefit from having both bikes on the blocks!

15. rydfree

rydfree Well-Known Member

Wasn't most of last years bitchin because of Trick Daddy having to test the parts ...now it's because he isn't ??:Poke:

16. lfg929

lfg929 Well-Known Member

:stupid:

17. turner38

turner38 Well-Known Member

There sure are a lot of #34 shirts floating around the stands at MotoGp races for that to be true.

18. Slider82

Slider82 Well-Known Member

There's a big difference between testing parts and having access to parts that have been proven to work.

19. comments last week made me think....Hayden is regretting not going to Ducati.

20. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I predict Nicky will finally flip traction control completely off and dirt track/elbow his way to a win.