1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Prayers for Mark B

Discussion in 'General' started by LMcCurdy, Apr 29, 2007.

1. Quig

Quig Well-Known Member

First and foremost, Mark, best wishes on your recovery. I've never met you but have been entertained by your posts on this board for quite some time. After reading what everyone on here who has met you has had to say it's pretty damn obvious you're one hell of a good guy who deserves to be one of the ones who beats the odds... I'm looking forward to the day I get to read more of your posts about all this and your recovery.:up:

Second, I just sat and read every single post in this thread and I'm dumbfounded at what a great group this is. I don't know why I'm suprised as racers seem to always prove what great folks they are but it's just really inspiring when everyone bands together like this for one of our own. :beer:

2. ToddClark

ToddClark f'n know it all

Another update from Sam:

Mark had a very rough day today. He's in a TREMENDOUS amount of pain today. Most all day theyve kept him sedated just to relieve the pain so that he can get some rest, lay still, and let the healing do its thing.

He has been moved from the TBICU (Trauma & Burn ICU) to what they call a "step down" unit. Its still in the trauma unit, but he doesnt require a 24 hour nurse by his side now. Visiting hours are the same as they have been, 1030, 230, 530, and 830 central time, and only 2 people allowed per visit. I know there will be alot of you at Barber this weekend as ive had quite a few PM's asking about going to see him. His mom, dad, sister and Sam will be there. Actually getting in to see Mark himself may be difficult as it really just depends on the amount of pain he's in and how sedated he is. I will say this tho, if you still want to go visit, knowing that you may not actually get to see Mark, his family WELCOMES anyone to come by. They have been truly amazed at the outpouring of love and concern coming from this community and Sam has told me they would love to see any and all that wish to come by and give their best.

Between those that have contributed to his injury fund, and the auctions you guys are doing, its hard to type looking thru the tears. I have never been more proud in my life to be a part of something like i am to be a part of this community.:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

3. Lori11

Lori11 Well-Known Member

If this world was filled with more people like you Todd, the world would be a much better place....thanks for being you. You are a lesson for all of us. See you at the track, I have everything ready.

4. vimkgt

vimkgt Well-Known Member

Best wishes for your recovery, hope everything looks up from here on out :up:

5. mtroise

mtroise New Member

Todd,
    I know Mark through Pirelli, they are a member of the NACM Tire Group. Please tell him that Michele, Gina and the rest of the NACM group send our thoughts and prayers and we hope to see him at the meetings in the future.
    Mark's a great guy and always good for a laugh.
    Thanks for being there for him when the rest of us can't be.
    Michele

6. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

can u get the paypall address im sorry i looked but it takes like 30 minutes to find. id like to donate some to mark!

7. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Here you go

8. IYFphoto

IYFphoto Ripper of fish lips

Ummm...wow...

Just got a call from someone that told me about this. Don't really know what to say.

Mark...hang in there...you are a great guy and have always been a big part of this motorcycle community. You know how supportive everyone here is. If there is anything I can do...do not hesitate to let me know. I'm sure you'll be overwhelmed with support.

9. Hammer

Hammer Well-Known Member

More prayers sent for you Mark and your family as they are by your side in your time of need.
    You have alot of people wishing you the best, although most (including myself) have not met you but are pulling together by our common love of one sport.

10. Putter

Putter Ain't too proud to beg

Mark, I will be thinking of ya at Brainerd this weekend. Hope all is going well.

11. ToddClark

I guess by now ya'll have figured out Mark and i are pretty close. We've been pit-mates for the last 4 years or so. Below is a podium finish i had at Barber a couple of years ago, and in true fashion, he and my wife met me at post tech to congratulate me.

[​IMG]

12. tigerblade

tigerblade Mostly Titanium

Mark,

Hang in there man. I only know you through your Roadrace DVD, but I know a little about the things that are going through your head. I shattered my T7-10 in 2004 at Blackhawk Farms though I didn't have any paralysis. I got up, walked around, wiggled out of my leathers, etc. without knowing the severity of my injuries. There were so many chances for me to end up paralyzed though, and it's nothing short of a miracle that I wasn't. You just never know, so never give up hope and your positive attitude will go a long way.

I'll also say motorcycle racers are the best people. I couldn't believe the amount of support I got and I had only been racing seriously for about a year and a half. Keep the good will coming, people. It really does mean a lot.

13. Turn #1

Turn #1 Track Junkie

Mark,
    I have met and ridden with ya with the Floribama Riders club. Although I am not a racer, I enjoy the sport in the same way as everyone on this board. I am amazed that you remember all the details. I crashed in T1 at BMP and can't remember a damn thing. I remember seeing you at RoadA after your crash and you were all smiles. AMAZING!! I want you to know this, God takes care of all things big and small. As I sit here, trying to type with welled up eyes, I do know one thing, YOU WILL OVERCOME. If anyone can do it Mark, it's you!!! Please, do not hesitate to call me for anything. When your folks are ready to head back across the pond, let me know, I can help there too!! God Bless you. Have a speedy recovery Mark.

14. Casper&bones

Casper&bones Well-Known Member

mark raced with Jawanza, Keith, and Chris in the endurance races in 04 and 05, while i pit bitched and did photography in the pits with them, he is an all around great guy, and fun to be around. i, as most of yall, was shocked to hear about the accident on Sunday and have been praying for him everyday. and all the auctions going on to help him with his medical bills just goes to show that everyone in the racing community is like a family and is always willing to help out. yall never cease to amaze me with all the contributions. I know i will be putting as much into the fund as possible but being a poor college student..... it wont be much, but every bit will help

to mark, man i hope you recover and i know everyone is still praying for ya get well soon.

15. RZ Racer

RZ Racer It passed tech LAST time!

Just heard the news! Hang in there Mark!! :up:

16. gixxerfever

gixxerfever Well-Known Member

this is very sad news, while I've never met you i feel like I know you by the way ppl always speak of you! my thoughts and best wishes are with you and heal up quick.

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Too much nice stuff, Mark sucks! :D

18. Yeah you know once he gets better and looks back...he'll go "I really don't know what all of you were fussin over" and then have some smart ass Limey ending to it.:D I am really looking forward to reading that post!

19. jigmoore

jigmoore Banned

damn...you're an old fart!

20. ToddClark

:crackup: where have you been the last few years!!! i thought EVERYone knew that!