1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

07 gsxr 750 SET valve removal

Discussion in 'Tech' started by tomastopher, Apr 30, 2007.

1. tomastopher

tomastopher Well-Known Member

Need help. Does anyone know if this can be done without replacing the stock header and are any electrical mods necessarry to keep the ecu happy?

thanks

2. GSX-R 3/4K

GSX-R 3/4K Well-Known Member

just remove the cables ( the butterfly valve it's open without the cables)You also need to remove the #30 pin from ECU. I think is a black wire with brown stripes.

3. tomastopher

tomastopher Well-Known Member

4. owndjoo

owndjoo muthapucka

what if you dont remove the wire? could that be what's causing my midrange sputter? i never removed the wire.

5. GSX-R 3/4K

GSX-R 3/4K Well-Known Member

yes! you will get the FI light which is C46 code for exhaust control valve

6. owndjoo

owndjoo muthapucka

where's the lil picture thing from before? i searched and thought i had it bookmarked but can't find it. hopefully this will fix my problem. bike just acted like it was on a soft limiter in the 7-10k range on partial throttle.

7. doubleapex

doubleapex Well-Known Member

SET servo removal

This document from the Yosh site explains how to disable the SET servo but still recommends keeping the servo connected. I want to remove the servo from my 07 750 race bike but I'm still using the OEM ECU and harness. Has anyone managed to pull the servo entirely with the OEM ECU and harness without forcing the ECU into "safe mode"?

http://www.yoshimura-rd.com/images/product/pdf/1109077.pdf

8. scuba dave

scuba dave Active Member

9. SMR123

SMR123 Well-Known Member

+1 on the gixxer thread!