1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TN: Anyone know if Pro-Flo is still dba?

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by ahrma_581, Mar 22, 2007.

1. ahrma_581

ahrma_581 Well-Known Member

The clip-on, stem bearings, RD parts people. Have been trying to check on an order for about two weeks, keep getting answering machine, have left messages and sent emails with no reply.

2. charles

charles The Transporter

You're not the only one...same for me, since Daytona, I thought maybe
    Brett closed down the shop for Daytona, but same experience as you...
    most peculiar, you'd think someone, anyone, would get the messages and respond to customers...hope he didn't get injured or something worse...
    Anyone else have some clue about this???

3. ringdingding

ringdingding TWO-STROKE MILITIA

I was talking to a friend last week who orderd pro-x pistons from pro-flo in Dec. Account was billed, but parts havent arrived. He has given up calling. Called me to see where else you could find them. I put him onto Moto-Carrera.

4. YAM#849

YAM#849 y'all watch this...

I haven't called Brett in a few months, but last time I spoke with him everything was fine. I don't know what's up.

5. footwork

footwork Honda Research Analyst

i have a customer who has been trying to reach them since 2006 also...I think the writing is on the wall...

6. sreavis

sreavis Well-Known Member

proflo

Try 2005 for my order.....................

7. racertex

racertex vintage dude

a friend in baltimore ordered a steering damper off of them, they charged the card, he waited a couple of months, then had the credit card company charge back and credit him. like buff said, caveat emptor (well he actually didn't say it, but it's a cool thing to say, buff's pretty cool and i am putting words in his mouth....call it my artistic license).....i digress, pro-flo looks to be kaput!

texy

8. bullockcm

bullockcm Well-Known Member

I haven't complained before but I missed all of last season waiting on a PVL ordered in March from them that was coming later in the week or had already shipped or some other weekly excuse, I think I finally got the part in Sept. My card had been billed back in March though. This Jan. I needed some gaskets and I still had a credit with Pro-Flo from parts that never came last year so I figured they had to have RD gaskets in stock, he even went to check and told me they were in stock and would ship the next day. Credit card billed, 2 weeks later no gaskets..... Call, this was early Feb. he said he had to order them and would have them later that week. I have been calling multiple times a day for 2 weeks now and I only get the answering machine or a busy signal when someone else is checking on their "order".

I wish no ill to the owners but I don't like being lied to for no good reason. I think it is time to stop payment on my last purchase and eat the credit I had with them from last year.

Other good sources I have found for RD parts are:
    HVC cycle & Rick @ Accuproducts.

9. charles

charles The Transporter

For what it may be worth at this point, I would like to add that PRO-FLO was
    always 'on the money' for me since 2001, and yes, there were two or three
    delays or 'slip-ups' on orders, but everything was made right immediately by
    Brett. It has only been recently that I haven't been able to contact him, but,
    there can't be any excuses at all for taking money or charging a credit card
    and then not delivering the parts, he'll have to answer for that...the website
    is also still active. Strange.

Brett & PRO-FLO are you out there somewhere?

By the way, HVC Cycles was spot on with my last order and on time.

10. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

Damn, and I needed some 2 stroke stuff too.:confused:

11. Dave164

Dave164 Well-Known Member

I ordered some bearings for the steering stem in January from them and received them about a week later. I just ordered on line.

12. charles

charles The Transporter

You are really starting to worry me...

I implore you to go have some PIE.:up:

13. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

2 Stroke Pie:up:

14. sreavis

sreavis Well-Known Member

RD/TZ parts

HVC, Vintage Specialties and Rick at Accu all thumbs up