1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice needed for Relocating-home sell/buy

Discussion in 'General' started by gpracer15, Feb 28, 2007.

1. gpracer15

gpracer15 Built to Ride

Just wanting to know how some of you have done it as far as selling and buying a house. Just got a job in Greenville, Sc so I need to sell my home in Knoxville, Tn and then buy one there......

Im thinking just get our up, hope it sells and then have stuff moved to storage in Greenville while we stay at my brother in laws....

Just wondering how to time everything perfect, close on old, close on new and make one move from A to B....ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....stress is rolling in.:down:

2. Spicoli

Spicoli Cannoli Owned

Weren't you getting a job in Atlanta just a couple of weeks ago? :confused:

Good luck selling. I don't know how full the market in Oak Ridge TN is, but don't expect to get top dollar for your house. It has become a buyers' market again.

3. Marcmcm

Marcmcm Huge Member

List your house, as soon as it sells buy another one and close on the same day. Either that or get a bridge loan to pay two mortgages for a little while. Spring is coming and here that is the time to get them sold.

4. MarkB

MarkB All's well that ends well

...lucky he's buying a house then....:p

5. gpracer15

gpracer15 Built to Ride

Yes I had one job in ATL lined up but the company put the position on hold....arggggg..At the same time I was shopping in ATL I was shopping in Greenville...our 2 desired locations....I got a firm offer in SC a week ago and its now a done deal....Time to sell then buy...putting ours out this weekend FSBO!

6. oldguy

oldguy NC novice old dude

This thread is useless without pics ya know, LOL

7. gpracer15

gpracer15 Built to Ride

Sorry no boobs in this one.....wife says bids no boobs...lol

8. Marcmcm

Marcmcm Huge Member

Good luck with your FSBO! If you have any questions or need any help, let me know. I'm a real estate agent in PA...not looking for a listing just offering free advice if I can give it. :up:

9. gpracer15

gpracer15 Built to Ride

WHats a bridge loan?

10. kyle carver

kyle carver Well-Known Member

As far as tips for selling one and buying another, don't ask me, last winter I lived in a barn for 2 months. But on thing I have noticed with FSBO is they don't place enough signs. One in front of the house just doesn't do it. In my opinion get some signs to direct people to the house. From what I hear the Knoxville market is very strong. Good luck

11. BC61

BC61 Well-Known Member

Bad news, don't buy until what you have is sold and closed on.

12. gpracer15

gpracer15 Built to Ride

Ours is going up Monday

13. JeF4y

JeF4y Sweet Tea & Grits!

Yet another reason I simply love that mobile mortgage in the back yard...

[​IMG]

14. oldguy

oldguy NC novice old dude

NOT BOOBS! Pics of the house silly. Us damn yanks are still stuck in a foot of snow and I for one am getting damn tired of it.

15. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

You should be able to write off your move!

http://www.irs.gov/publications/p521/index.html

16. gpracer15

gpracer15 Built to Ride

Cool, I skimmed it, damn things are confusing...I will keep my reciepts and then talk to an agent....I hate tax returns if it isnt a 1040

17. gpracer15

gpracer15 Built to Ride

Want to rent that mobile mortage:rock:

18. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

Chuck, have you picked an area of Greenville yet? I grew up here and I know a bit about the area. Where is your job located? What's your price range for your next home?

19. JeF4y

JeF4y Sweet Tea & Grits!

Nope...

When we bought it, I was hip to that idea, but after getting to 'know' it, there are just too many things that can go wrong and get damaged quickly.

Plus, I'm not pumping anyone else's dookie from the black tank and relish the fact that I'm the wife & I are the only ones putting miles on the rear bed...

But, I am always open to sharing heat/air conditioning/tv/etc, so swing by whenever you see us..

20. gpracer15

gpracer15 Built to Ride

Greer and Taylor, East side, TR....for the most part.

Working at Day & Zimmerman, Thats off Pellham/81 by Michelin...

Want minimum 3bd, 2ba, 2car garage around $180k. Need a bonus room, 2nd living room, and or den for the kids play room, pool and/or detached garage a plus. Nothing under .3 acres...I dont like my neighbors sitting on top of me...I paint bikes so I need some breathing room...caugh caugh..