1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I quit smoking today, anybody else want in?

Discussion in 'General' started by V5 Racer, Sep 18, 2006.

1. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Nervous energy? It was for me.

2. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

I got the chantix, too... Sunday is my target date. If I have any left Sat night I'm going to build a fire in the fireplace and throw the pack(s) in. Sort of a psychological deal.

Please keep me posted on how it's going with you... I'm scared $#!+less after having smoked 2 packs a day for 26 years!!!!!!!!! :eek:

I'm glad this thread is here... sort of a support center, I guess.

I'll keep y'all posted.

3. limy_1

limy_1 Crash Starter

I started to fall off the wagon a week or so again.
    One here one there but never two in a day.
    To bad $h!t at work is getting deep (I know an excuse)
    I bought a pack today.
    I guess I try again tomorrow.

4. auminer

..... WFT do you mean it's only 10:43 AM?!?!?!?!?

I've already clened the kitchen and the study, and I'm trying to decide whether to start on the garage or the bathroom next..,

My wife's happy as hell, but I'm about ready to kick the living $#!+ outta something!!!!! :mad:

OK, better now after that vent...

5. shift96

shift96 Well-Known Member

Still smoke free. Still have cravings but it is getting easier. I only took the Chantix for 1 month. My Target date was 1/7/07 and I'm still smoke free. That stuff will make you nausious after you take so make sure you take it AFTER you eat. Good luck man.

6. Wade Parish

Wade Parish North Central Hawker

Fell off the wagon hard last night. I feel so ashamed.

7. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

Don't feel bad, just accept the ribbing from the gang and climb back on. We were working an event last night and I had to walk through the smoking area a few times, and I tell ya those things were calling to me.

8. ToddClark

ToddClark f'n know it all

yea, and had i known that you were part of this "stop smoking team" i wouldnt have given you one! :D

9. auminer

13 days without a smoke as of today... but damned if this wasn't the HARDEST day yet. I actually left the house with every intention of getting a pack this morning... but chickened out (?) and went to Whataburger for bacon taquitos instead.

Anyway.... long story short, UPS guy just left, after bringing me a bigass box of suckers my favorite aunt & uncle ordered for me.

It's GREAT to be loved!!

Hope everyone else is still coping.

10. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

Yeah, it really is bizarre how the urge just shows up sometimes. None for me since September, but I swear the last few weeks have been some of the hardest. Weird. Welcome aboard and hang in there.

We need some stickers.

11. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I'll trade you a pack of reds for some.

12. OldSlowGuy

OldSlowGuy Unregistered User

You're doing great!!!

I had really strong urges during the third week. If you can make it another day or two, it'll get much, much easier.

Stick to your resolve. And ignore the evil monkey. :D

13. (diet)DrThunder

(diet)DrThunder Why so serious, son?

Still going strong...no smokes since the 2 at Tally. :up:

14. OldSlowGuy

OldSlowGuy Unregistered User

And I promised I wouldn't tell...

15. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

Once we come up with them.

16. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

dDT, you smoked? Damn, I could have mooched some off of you in the past.

Good for you all on the quiting. :up:

17. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

Who are you and what have you done with Dave K?

18. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Kurt, you made a decision that is a hard one to keep. I appreciate that. When I decided to dry out and quit using booze as a crutch it was tough but I did it and didn't have a "three martini lunch", a "beer just to fall asleep" or a "what the F@ck, I've had one why not have 10 more" beer. It was tough.

I can appreciate what you jerks are doing even though you're hurting my portfolio and costing me a dividend check. :D

Plus you caught me during my court mandated daily 15 minutes of being nice. :crackup:

19. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

:up:

No worries, you still have the foreign markets to fall back on. Now back to our regularly scheduled Dave. :D

20. Happy Birthday.:)