1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

O/T Jet Engines

Discussion in 'General' started by GixxerBlade, Jan 22, 2007.

1. Marcmcm

Marcmcm Huge Member

I'm an old 701C guy myself, do what we used to do...call the GE rep

If you are the rep...well, you're screwed.

2. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

I know more than the GE Rep. Heck a new Marine just out of school knows more than the GE rep. :D

3. Mud Whistle

Mud Whistle Get my icebike ON!

You'll need to prep the area with gauze pad and some 3-in-1 oil.

4. Marcmcm

Marcmcm Huge Member

Your rep sucks then, ours was awesome. Anytime a 60 year old man on a civilian government employee paycheck goes on a deployment with you and stays in the same hangar, sleeping on the same cot next to the rest of the guys instead of going to the hotel, is alright with me! :up:

5. How does the motor run otherwise...Temps, is coming up to idle in the correct amount of time, any chugging on the way up to high power? It's been a lot of years but I was a J52 jet engine mechanic. Like you said though they pretty much work the same way they all suck, squeeze, bang, and blow. Is everything okay in the rear turbine area? Course on the flight line when we had these issues...their course of action was take it back out and get a new one. :D

6. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

Me thinking it might be a test cell problem...

7. Well hell throw it in the plane and give her a whirl:D

8. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

It sounds like the frammus rod is bent. A hammer and pliers will fix it just fine.:up:

9. Chip

Chip Registered

Yeah....thats what maintance test pilots are for.....crash test dummys! :D

This looks like a good time for an engine failure....:D

[​IMG]

10. Marcmcm

Marcmcm Huge Member

Thats why you have more than 1 engine...

Huey guys take note.

11. Chip

Chip Registered

At that altitude it wouldn't matter......50% loss of power would put you on your head...:D

12. gixxersmitty

gixxersmitty Well-Known Member

We arent exactly talking about Billy Jack's old Camaro now are we? :D Glad you guys aren't in east Tennessee, otherwise this would be going down in somebody's barn and the end result would be 4 acres of scorched cow pasture.

13. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

Thats a CH-53D. Only 2 engines. In fact 2 old style engines. About as useless as a Frog.

14. I remember a few of these landed on our deck during a cruise...they would clear the deck during landing and takeoff. The down wind would take you off your feet...and on a deck enough of that goes on anyway. I measured the tip of one those suckers once and it was wider then I expected...don't remember the exact measurement something like 19" or in that neighborhood...like I said can't remember but that numbers pops into my brain.

15. EXPERT35

EXPERT35 Well-Known Member

C-130 T-56 mechanic here. Our newer J-models are Rolls Royce AE2100.
    Suck,boom,bang!

16. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

A T56 is a T64 on 'roids. Same basic engine design except you guys turn a prop and we turn a rotor head. Well I'm off to work again to find my Gremlin.

17. C-Par

C-Par Well-Known Member

Jet Engine repair on the BBS

NICE.....

18. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

I still say it's the fuel control or pump if you haven't changed those yet.

19. racer212

racer212 Well-Known Member

But would it be Clubman legal?

20. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

Fuel control is good. Most likely. It is tracking right and pumping out the right amount of fuel, thats all we care about. Fuel pump I doubt because we are getting the recommended 620-680psig of fuel discharge pressure. I was thinking fuel nozzles. Could be wrong. We are finishing up on it again. I made a drastic change to the 3rd stage nozzle (the nozzle that controls the air hitting the power turbine and can help control heat) so I'll see how that goes and report back here. Thanks for your help everyone. :up: :beer: I owe you all a beer. The WERA BBS is all knowing.