1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need an 07 G1000 now

Discussion in 'General' started by Vinnie@proline, Dec 6, 2006.

1. Vinnie@proline

Vinnie@proline Well-Known Member

I have tried in the past to get a bike released early...It never happens. What is the best way to get one. The dealership I am working with is going to pay for the bike I just need the correct contact for them to talk to ... ANY HELP WILL BE APPRECIATED...

2. carpediem

carpediem Well-Known Member

Do you mean a "Z" 1000 Kawasaki? If so then they do have a dealer 'Rep' with every brand and that rep would be the right contact person. but just so you know Kaw's us headquarters is in Irvine, CA so call them, the number is on the site.

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

If you mean GSXR1000 they're still on a boat, there is no getting them released early. The ones air freighted over are all spoken for.

4. jeffrop

jeffrop Well-Known Member

I hear they're very popular with US CUSTOMS too :Poke:

5. Chip

Chip Registered

The 06 GSX-R1000's are popular with customs too....:rolleyes:

6. G 97

G 97 Garth

:rolleyes:

7. Vinnie@proline

So if the bikes here now are spoken for, (who actually has them) and what is the correct release date.

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Normally the bikes that get flown over go to the sponsored race teams. The ones on the boat will hit whichever port when the boat gets in, your dealer will have a general date.

9. G 97

G 97 Garth

Unless you have a contract support deal with Suzuki you need to go through the regular retail outlets (dealerships). In the past even some support teams did not get their bikes directly from Suzuki but through the dealer network. I would say if you do not have a line on one by now you will have to wait like everyone else.

10. Vinnie@proline

I have one supplied by a dealer. They just said MARCH sometime. They always say March ...Then two weeks later, I see one..I just thought it would be better to ask here than bother the dealer again. I did just bug them until they let me have one...

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Best bet is to keep checking with dealers and see who is willing to do a trade but seriously, like all club racer types you're screwed until one shows.

12. Vinnie@proline

I understand I have to wait... I dont mind, but someone has to actually know a release date.. Has Suzuki racing ever helped out by getting the dealer a bike a few weeks early?? Was that Morgans old job ? Anyone out there in the sales dept, can you help out?..I did it with Yamaha in 99 when the R6 came out. It would be great if I could do it again.Thanks for the help..

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Not that I know of. And I have no idea who is taking Morgans old job so that route is out too.

14. kjohnson

kjohnson Axis

Phat Chance maybe? No pun intended :p .......... That guy'll pimp d*mn near anything.

Hey Vinnie.Props to a stand-up guy :clap: :beer:

15. Morgan

Morgan The AMA Guy

Vinnie,

Every year a dozen or more racers and/or dealers call and try and get bikes early. I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news but if you are not a Suzuki supported team, it’s not going to happen. The bikes will be available when they are available.

There is a little bit of the luck of the draw in that depending on the port the bikes arrive in, the proximity of the dealer to that port, the order bikes are shipped and the shipping company used to transport the bikes, one dealer could get a bike a couple days before another dealer. This doesn’t mean you start making phone calls to make sure your dealer is first in line because it just doesn’t work that way. It just means cross your fingers and be ready to take delivery when the bikes arrive. My guess would be toward the end of February or early March.

Good luck!

16. Chip

Chip Registered

Last edited: Dec 6, 2006