1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AHRMA Dissolution?

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by 83BSA, Oct 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RGV 500

RGV 500 OLD, but still FAST

If it dissolved, do the people who supposedly 'looted' the organization get to keep the $$$ ???

2. limy_1

limy_1 Crash Starter

Trent you are correct.
    The AMA has the track and dictates who and when the Grand Marshal thing happens.

3. limy_1

limy_1 Crash Starter

I know this is after the fact but the Monday after Barber was a Trustee meeting. The first part of all Trustee meetings is an open floor for all to attend. Later the session becomes closed door.

I attended one of these meetings in Daytona a couple of years ago.
    To my supprise there was only a few (10 maybe) members in attendence.
    This legal action was discussed and there was a lawyer present who answered those questions.

Who attended after Barber?
    Your guess is as good as mine, the same goes for what was discussed.

4. sparksfarmer

sparksfarmer Member

Hey All,

Other than a lot of innuendo, does anyone actually know what is happening. All I am aware of is rumors. Yes, officers are leaving, but where do we get to the "DISSOLUTION" part? I've not heard any Trustee saying anything like that!
    Has anyone actually heard anything from someone who would know?
    Thanks,
    Sparksfarmer

5. YAM#849

YAM#849 y'all watch this...

Sorry Dave,
    Didn't mean for it to sound like I was directing the question at you. It was intended as an open question for discussion.

6. erik66

erik66 Member

7. phantom 309

phantom 309 Well-Known Member

Like jeff smith really posted on there.:D

8. 83BSA

83BSA Well-Known Member

Kenny, Charles, Carl, Limey, Roger, Phantom and the rest -
    Thanks for taking an interest and expressing it in an open forum rather than dealing in superstition, innuendo and myopic thinking. We all should have done this some time ago. But better late than never . . . .

Sparksfarmer -
    Perhaps a poor choice of words on my behalf? I am unaware of any actual dissolution. A question mark behind the words in the title would have been more appropos. I apologize for any misleading; none was intended.

What I wanted to do was capture people's attention and make folks aware of what little I know, and what I hear and suspect. In the absence of candid and informed communications from AHRMA - our organization - one is left with little choice. One can only follow blindly and accept the "trust us, we know best" litany so long. When the facts suggest that is not a prudent course, reasonable people take alternative action. I listened to and absorbed the party line for years. I'm sorry I didn't "break rank" sooner. It is not a matter of taking sides; simply questioning AHRMA's dogmatic litigation approach does not, ipso facto, mean one supports Team Obsolete. I think Bob Dylan wrote a song a few years back about being blind to the obvious . . . .

9. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

David

I was also disatisfied with the "answers" given at the meeting on Sunday morning at Barber, but having had a run in with the powers that be regarding practice on Saturday I kept my mouth shut. One thing that I am a bit perplexed about though is if AHRMA is a 'member owned' organisation why aren't the members allowed to know what is going on with regard to the legal proceedings?

I had no knowledge of these proceedings when I first joined AHRMA last year and they only came to my attention when I read about them on the website a month or so ago.

10. sparksfarmer

sparksfarmer Member

RE: Erik66's post

How about in stead, you call your buddy up and you get him to drop his suit? What good does it do him, to crush a non-profit?

Ya Erik, how about that?...

Sparksfarmer

11. weber#465

weber#465 mud fight

Hasn't anything been learned from the AMA/Roger Edmonson spat. Who benefitted from that. Now the AMA is not going to want to be much help here "This is why the AMA is also a Defendant in this case." And if "It was never our objective to “bleed” AHRMA dry" ,then what is the objective. What if it rere WERA here? I don't know both sides of the story but it was an extremly well articulated letter that asks many questions and then gives you an answer to help you make up your minds who the bad guy is. I don't know Mr. Iannucci and with all that he has done "AHRMA founder Rob Iannucci" and "sponsored about fifty (50) riders" or "The Daytona crowds then were more than thirty five thousand (35,000)" (at an AHRMA event?) WOW. We need all the sponsors we can get. To send out a letter to AHRMA Members that starts out with "Rats jumping off a sinking ship…" and naming names "Rats"(?) that didn't have anything to do with the spat it makes me wonder how big his smile was when he painted a picture the way he wanted it seen.

12. krypton7

krypton7 Well-Known Member

Here's some of the shit that's flying around about AHRMA, true or false(and my opinion in parenthesis):

-Lambert is quitting because of the turmoil. (He and his wife were making over $100K on this deal and living the dream life at the tracks. Would you walk?
    -Benson is quitting because of the turmoil. (Supposedly got a big boost in $$$, I'd walk for that too)
    -Rusty Lawry is quitting to spend more time with his family (To coincidental? I think so)
    -Bob Goodpaster is withdrawing from the trustee list because of the controversies. (Probably true, would you walk into that quagmire now?)
    -Insurance ran out. (Heard repeatedly that the last $300,000 got used up earlier this year)
    -Summer depositions from several people like Redman, etc over 3 months cost AHRMA $300,000 out of pocket. (Lawyers can cost $250-$350/hour times 2-3 at a deposition and boom! $5,000/day time several deps and boom! $100,000/month)
    -The AHRMA lawfirm did petition the court for removal and was successful (This usually happens when the client can't pay the bill)
    -Bankruptcy as a strategy (If true what a stupid, fucking way to go. It's often called bankrupsy PROTECTION, but is usually for reorganization of debt or to protect the assets from creditors. What a roll of the dice. Does AHRMA think that they can operate under this millstone?)
    -Rob Iannucci just wants justice and what's best for AHRMA members (Yea, right and I want world peace. If this suit breaks AHRMA and we racers lose the venue of AHRMA, then shame of Rob. He did get screwed over bigtime by Jeff Smith and his petty legions but why should we suffer for the sins of both of these men?)
    -AHRMA's unofficial BBS was shut down by Iannucci's lawyer threatening action. (My sources and other people claim that TO/Iannucci had nothing to do with this. This leads me to believe that AHRMA legal and/or its trustees decided it was too hot of a potatoe to let it continue on. If this is the way it was taken down then shame on those who put the pressure on Hattan. Who has what to hide? Who knows better than us Americans how important it is to keep the Freedom of Speech alive?)
    -AHRMA tried to settle with Iannucci. (Was a mediator or arbitrator called in? Where was a professional hired by AHRMA to settle this? All I've heard is that TO wouldn't settle. If the trustees didn't hire a professional to evaluate this then where was the fiduciary effort?)

Okay there's probably more. but this is enough for now. Anyone care to expand on any of this?

13. YAM#849

I liked Stu's comment on there:
    -Bob Goodpaster is withdrawing from the trustee list because of the controversies. (Probably true, would you walk into that quagmire now?)

Yes, I will walk into that. Then again, my great(3X) grandpa's first cousin led, and ended up surrendering, the Confederate Army. Perhaps I will have better success saving seemingly lost causes. I'm going to try. :up:

14. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

Where is all the money coming from to pay those salaries? I didn't think their turnouts were that huge. I know what it costs WERA for one race weekend and I would imagine AHRMA's expenses are about the same. What gives?

15. YAM#849

Some of the turnouts are pretty big,but it's not just all roadracing. There's cross country, MX, trials, and dirt track. Don't know if that explains it, but it's part of the story.

BTW, it's probably time to thank Mongo for putting up with this long-winded session that doesn't have much to do with WERA other than there are a lot of us who enjoy racing vintage with both organizations.

16. Andy 338

Andy 338 Member

Stu, very well worded post. A nice change to your Stu vs. Brid posts. I would like someone to tell me what the intial suit filed by Iannucci claims. Erik please tell us, since you have close contact with Rob, if Rob has been such a huge assest to vintage racing that you claim he has and I know he has done a tremendous amount. Other than revenge towards a few that he believes have wronged him. What does he have to gain by trying to destory Ahrma? Which will not only affect hundreds of members but will also affect you, since you race with Ahrma and Roper and some of your other close friends.

Andy

17. YAM#849

18. krypton7

krypton7 Well-Known Member

Carl,
    I like the way you think. You will get my vote, guaranteed. Remember: fools rush in where wise men fear to tread. And remember this too: Great minds think alike and fools seldom differ. So you figure out where you and I stand.(Don't analysis this too deep)

Andy,
    Just to let you know, Bridget told me confidentially at Barber that he is still going to get that sex change operation. She may be dumb but she's not stupid. Or is it stupid but not dumb........I'll get back to you on that.

19. YAM#849

Thanks Stu. Your words mean more to me than those of hundreds who fear to say what they really think.

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Doesn't bother me at all for you guys to talk about it. Seems like having a place to do so with no interest in either side of the case is probably a good thing.

Just to answer the what if it were WERA comment - we're set up a lot differently being a privately owned company rather than a membership owned org so the suit wouldn't have any merit since our rules are different.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.