1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Great Motorcycle quotes!

Discussion in 'General' started by sln, Jul 16, 2006.

1. sln

sln Slow LWT newb

I didn't think of them, but I did copy and paste them :)

Great motorcycle quotes and wisdom...

“Racing is living, everything else is just waiting”

“Why are motorcycle dealers closed on Sundays? Because Sunday is for worship... Catholics go to church, Motorcyclists go to the track.”
    – Justin Skalka

“There’s the V-4 thing: there’s just something about it that inline 4s don’t have, and V-twins have too much of.”
    – Murray Duncan

Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul.

“There are only three sports: mountain climbing, bull fighting, and motor racing. All the rest are merely games.”
    – Ernest Hemingway

“200mph, no hands. Damn that’d be cool right before the part where you die.”
    – A. Duthie

“There are only three sports: mountain climbing, bull fighting, and motor racing. All the rest are merely games.”
    – Ernest Hemingway

“Calling upon my years of experience, I froze at the controls.”
    – Stirling Moss

“Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.”

Seen on a motorcycle’s rearviews:
    “Warning: objects seen in mirror are disappearing rapidly”

Got a $5 head? Get a $5 helmet.

“Life may begin at 30, but it doesn’t get real interesting until about 150.”

If you’re going to lead, then lead. If you’re going to follow, get the hell out of my way!

“Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...”
    – Hunter Thompson

“Keep thy eye on the tach, thine ears on the engine, least thy whirlybits seek communion with the sun”
    – John 4:50

“You start the game with a full pot o’ luck and an empty pot o’ experience... The object is to fill the pot of experience before you empty the pot of luck.”

“Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty and well preserved piece, but to skid across the line broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out, leaking oil, shouting GERONIMO!”

“Insisting on perfect safety is for people who don’t have the balls to live in the real world.”
    – Mary Shafer, NASA Ames Dryden

Everyone knows Honda’s attitude in the GP Paddock! “ Who will be behind us this weekend? “

“A zest for living must include a willingness to die.”
    – R.A. Heinlein

If you think you don’t need a helmet, you probably don’t.

“If you wait, all that happens is that you get older.”
    – Larry McMurty

2. sln

sln Slow LWT newb

Some more

Memorable Quotes from Faster (2003)

Valentino Rossi: At the beginning when you try the first time the 500, Ahh Fwak!

Mick Doohan: I use to think all road racers were nuts. You know racing around a track at that speed.

Kenny Roberts: It's just like a video game that has... the element of danger.

Wayne Rainey: As a racer you always have that at the back of your mind. That you always wonder when's it gonna happen. Cause it will happen, you know you will fall off.
    Valentino Rossi: The speed is something dangerous but very exciting.

Loris Capirossi: The top speed is 340 kph. It's good, yeah!
    Max Biaggi: For the first approach you will think this is a crazy sport, but at
    the end of the day it's not that crazy.

Kevin Schwantz: Growin' up as a kid, always thinkin', you know If I could ever just race motorcycles and make a living that would be the coolest thing know to mankind.

Bob MacLean: This is a real war, these 16 races.

Eddie Lawson: That's you job and that's what you do and you have to win, or you're out of your mind. If you got second you just wanted to kill everybody.

Julian Ryder: Anybody who could ride a 500cc GP motorcycle well enough to qualify on Grand Prix grid is a hero, Anybody! because these things are the most evil devices if your treat them wrong they will bite.

Valentino Rossi: The 500 is another world. The bike come from another world.

Trevor Morris: There's no word to explain the acceleration.

Graziano Rossi: I'm a big fan of motorcycle and a big fan Valentino.

Mick Doohan: Al lot of fun when you get it right but the other side of the coin is when you crash.

Kevin Schwantz: I think 90% of motorcycle racing is between the ears.

Graziano Rossi: In Italy, the Doctor is a name you give to someone for respect. It's very important "The Doctor".

Dr. Claudio Costa: It is incredible what a rider filled with irrational desire can achieve.

Fan: They're all superstars, even the one at the back.

Wayne Rainey: Oh, it's not a rivalry at all. I haven't seen Biaggi win anything.

Wayne Rainey: That day I was off just a little bit. I was struggling, but... I'd been in that situation many times so it wasn't nothing new. It was just an error on my part I just gotten in a little bit to hot, carrying little bit too much corner speed. So I really had to bank the bike over really hard keep it on line and when I just opened the throttle it...it stepped out. It was just an easy... It was an easy crash because it stepped out and I fell off the side of it. I was like sliding with the bike across the track but when I went off the track I hit a curb. It kind of set me up in the air then I landed in the gravel trap it had like speed bumps in it for the F1 cars and at that time that's what we were using in motorcycles. As soon I hit that I started, it set me off so then you know I didn't have any control how I was landing, where I was gonna land.

Himself (Pilati, Tad): There's no feeling from the center of his chest down. He's being held in a hospital, he's in stable condition and the next 48 hours are gonna tell us everything.

Wayne Rainey: Now all the sand traps are smooth but sometimes it takes a big incident to get something changed.

Mick Doohan: I don't know where he gets his excuses, but I wish I had them when I was racing.

Kevin Schwantz: I use to love the rain because I felt like it made my motorcycles exactly the same as everybody else. At that point it turned in to a rider to rider battle.

3. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

"Racers race."

4. Dezmo

Dezmo addicted to the trackpipe

"Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed from a tube. That's why god made fast motorcycles, bubba" -HST

"On a superbike, you get to the point in the corner where you open the throttle fully, then you get your paper out and have a read" - Unknown racer commenting on the differences between superbikes and GP bikes

5. B.Curvin

B.Curvin Well-Known Member

Peter Egan: "Motorcycle racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty."

6. Daekwan

Daekwan Ant Gobert's fav. rider..

7. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

8. Dezmo

Dezmo addicted to the trackpipe

"what do I like best about GPs? The Crumpet, I suppose." Barry Sheene

9. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

"I wouldn't say it was easy, but off the record it was a cinch" - Scottish racer Alan Duffus.

"You'd have to be William Tell to hit a hay bale there" - Barry Sheene talking about safety in the Isle of Man

"Girling Spring Gas Shocks" - headline in MCN.

10. noeyes

noeyes Well-Known Member

"He'll fall apart like a cheap watch." Schwantz on Kocinski after a good start to the season.

11. (diet)DrThunder

(diet)DrThunder Why so serious, son?

"You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime." - World's Fastest Indian

12. c7fx

c7fx Well-Known Member

two types of motorcycle riders...ones that have crashed and ones that are going to.

13. theTank

theTank "You're my BOY, Blue!"

That is the Curse of Speed which has plagued me all my life. I am a slave to it. On my tombstone they will carve, "IT NEVER GOT FAST ENOUGH FOR ME." -HST

14. theTank

You have to be a little crazy to ride these super-torque high-speed crotch rockets anywhere except a racetrack - and even there, they will scare the whimpering shit out of you... - Hunter S. Thompson

15. Flex Axlerod

Flex Axlerod Banned

I want to leave this world the same way I entered it, Screaming and covered in blood.-?????

16. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

In order to finish first you must first finish.

17. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Win, some, lose some, wreck some.

18. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Gawd, I hate that one.

19. theTank

'Helmet on, visor down . . . brain off!' - unknown

20. MarkB

MarkB All's well that ends well

"Motorcycles racing on a racetrack....verrrrry exciting...." Anon.

(couldnt resist the shot at imortality ;) :D)